It is key when moving to declutter and depersonalize the space so potential buyers are able to picture their own things and life within that space. Here are a few suggestions as to how to do this:
1. Make sure your closets don’t look like they are exploding.
2. Make sure you can open the kitchen drawers easily.
3. If you need a temporary place for your belongings the garage is the best option.
4. Clear your counter tops, both kitchen and bathroom so they look open and spacious, not crammed.
5. Remove photos, knickknacks, and other personalized items. Each room should be left with the essentials and no more than a few decorative items.